Sunday, May 23, 2010

The rejection of the 'rents

For some time Dan has been doing things on his own. He typically stays home when we go out as a family. I can see where he would get bored going to the park with his baby sister. The tweens (Brianna, Sayre, Lucas) & Sasha still enjoy going to the park. They love to take Ava on the playground and walk with her. Dan not so much.

I accepted this as normal. He was establishing his independance. I have begun to see it with Brianna alot more. She is eager to go to the mall with her friends without me tagging along. Again I understood and accepted. Then without warning Sayre and Lucas decided they were too cool for us too.

It was beautiful today. Not too hot, Not too cold. A refreshing breeze was blowing and it felt so good. I thought a walk would be nice after lunch. I was trying to time it perfectly so Ava would fall asleep. To my surprise noone wanted to go. This has never happened before. Usually we have at least 2 or 3 kids with us at all times. I put Ava in her Beco and we went on our way. It was nice just Craig, Ava and I. It was oddly quiet but nice. The thought occured to me that this is how things would be one day. In about roughly 3 or 4 years the 4 oldest~ Dan, Brianna, Sayre and Lucas would all most likely be driving or out of the house. That would only leave Sasha and Ava. Sasha would be a tween and it would be her turn to start asserting her independance. That would leave Craig, Ava and I. Wow! I don't know what I will do then =( It's hard to think that one day things will "quiet" down. I finished our walk and just enjoyed the moment until we got home. Then the moment was gone LOL As soon as we opened the door the "noise" of my brood in the living room playing Wii together filled my ears. It was comforting to hear. Someday can wait a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment